Let's face it. Tucson is HOT in the summer. Yes, it's a dry heat, but there's just no getting around the fact that it's tough to stay motivated. Fleet Feet's Beat the Heat program is designed specifically to keep you motivated and safe during Tucson's hotter months.
Running is at our core. Even as COVID-19 spreads, we strongly believe running remains essential to a healthy lifestyle and can still be done safely following the CDC’s recommended social distancing measures. We want to continue serving our running communities in accordance with local and federal guidelines while ensuring our locally owned and operated stores withstand the challenges of this unprecedented crisis.
Our Beat the Heat Spring Summer Training Program begins April 7 with Virtual Training!
Here's what you can expect:
- Weekly run/walk workouts
- Weekly strength and conditioning videos you can do at home
- Weekly emails and videos from coaches
- Social media groups to share our success!
Program runs April 7th through July 12th
As a member of the Fleet Feet Tucson Running Club this season you'll receive the following benefits:
- Three supported runs per week for 14 weeks (4/7 - 7/12)
- A Good Form Running Workshop
- A training plan that works for your fitness level
- Exclusive access to nutrition and recovery samples
Choose from any of the following programs when you register
- Perfect for getting back into running or completing your first or second 5k
- Starts with a 1:00/2:00 run/walk ratio, builds to 4:00/1:00 run/walk ratio with a 4 mile long run at the end of the season
- Run/walking 3 times per week, walking or cross training 1 to 2 times per week
- For runners and run/walkers looking to build to consistent running
- Perfect if you just finished 5k training and want to become a continuous runner
- Starts with 10 - 12 miles per week and builds to 20 - 30 miles per week
- For runners looking to run 3 to 5 times per week, cross training 1 to 2 times per week
- Perfect for half-marathon or marathon training
- Starts at 22 miles in the first week, builds to 30 - 40 miles per week
- For runners looking to run 4 to 6 times per week, cross training 1 to 2 times per week
A few more details:
- Speed/strength nights will alternate meeting at the store at 6:30pm on Tuesdays and at a track.
- Thirsty Thursdays will continue to be a lovely place to get in supported, easy-paced runs. The start time will change from 6pm to 6:30pm in May.
- Saturday long runs will start at 6:30am for the first half of the season. High volume runners will meet at 6:00am beginning on May 23rd.
- Saturday long runs will alternate meeting at the store and at other east-side locations.
Supported runs happen Tuesday and Thursday evenings at 6:30pm and Saturday mornings (times on Saturdays will vary)
Membership is just $90!
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org