Join us for Hair of the Dog 8K on Jan 1!
Special in-store registration event at Fleet Feet Tanque Verde August 25th from 10am-1pm!
Welcome to the New Year's Day HAIR OF THE DOG Run/Walk, benefiting the Humane Society of Southern Arizona. The HOTD is a New Year's Day destination, not to be missed. And for so many good reasons!
- For those that stayed-up to ring in the New Year, no problem: the HOTD does not start until 11am!
- For those looking for an 8k (5-mile) PR: cool temps and a mostly flat course will make for fast running!
- For those kicking-off New Year’s resolutions for a fit 2019: this is the perfect opportunity to challenge yourself in a beautiful setting with a supportive community of family and friends!
- For those seeking to squeeze in as much fun as possible before heading back to work after the Holidays, there's Live Music, Exercise Endorphins, Cool Swag, and Hair of the Dog -- because the party’s not over yet!
- And for those that enjoy spending time with their canine companions: Party with your Pooch and do the One-mile Doggie Dash!
The HOTD strives to be the capstone of your winter holiday in Tucson, and a pre-eminent fitness event. Whether you’re pining for a PR or plan to stroll the course as a dog, a hare, Father Time, or Baby New Year, there’s something for everyone. Here’s what’s included in your event entry:
- A fun, fast 8k on a beautiful course, OR
A 1-mile loop around the lovely desert-scape of Udall Park with or without your pooch
- An Event Finisher's Glass. And a Collectible Poster art.
- The Dragoon Brewing Co. beer garden, a premiere local brewery. And a free Dragoon beer or non-alcoholic beverage.
- Post-race treats, sweet or savory, compliments of Le Buzz Caffe, the famed east-side European style patisserie.
- Live Music.
- An awesome Fleet Feet Tucson After-Party! The party continues directly across the street, with more beverages and snacks, raffles, and in-store discounts.
- Event FB photos compliments of the GOATographer. And a dedicated doggie photographer.
- Doggie awards for the canine athletes.
- A mini-Expo where you can learn more about our wonderful sponsors, like Adobe Veterinary Center.
- Professional chip timing in the 8k, with fast, accurate results.
- A race-bib for all humane entrants.
- Awards for 8k tops overall and tops in each 8k age group.
- An Unforgettable Race Day Experience!
For an additional fee, anyone can purchase the Official Race Tee, featuring the adorable HOTD logo. This is a sized-to-order technical shirt, with no sponsor logos. But if you already have more race tees than your closet can hold, you can save money and pass on the tee.
Runners and walkers of all abilities are invited to participate in the HOTD. We think you will love our 8-kilometer (5 mile) course. And also the 1-Mile / Doggie Dash course, which will feature beautiful desert-scape and lovely views of the Catalina Mountains, as participants cruise a loop around Udall Park. The Start/Finish staging area is the Laszlo Veres Amphitheater in the lovely Udall Park. 8k participants traverse the Park before connecting with the brand new landscaped path along Sabino Canyon Road. Here you’ll find lots of wide-open space, views of the Santa Ritas to the south and awe-inspiring views of the Santa Catalinas to the north. At 0.8 miles the 8k course turns west onto the Loop Path along the Pantano River Wash. From there the route ... is a surprise!