Fleet Feet Half Marathon Training Program
Fleet Feet’s Distance Training Program is designed to prepare runners for a Half Marathon. Runners are encouraged to join even if you are running a different race or don't want to run a race.
The Distance Training Program includes:
- A detailed, daily training schedule developed by experienced, certified coaches.
- Coached group training twice per week (Wednesday 6 pm & Saturday 6 am). All routes and workouts planned for you
- Technical training shirt
- Support for longer runs
- Educational seminars & clinics, such as Stretching, Hydration and Nutrition, pre-race preparation, and more!
- Chance to meet lots of great people and have lots of fun!!!
The cost for the training program is $100 (does not include race entries). No discount or prorated fee for late registration. No refunds.
This is the right training program for you if you:
- Are running or run/walking for at least 40 minutes three times a week.
- Have been pain-free of any injury for four to six months.
- Enjoy meeting new people and learning new ways to get the most out of your running experience.
- Have never run a half marathon before and would like some guidance on how to do it.
- Have run a half marathon before and would like to get faster.
- Need a goal and/or group of people to count on to get/keep you motivated.
- Hope to run a marathon one day, but need some coaching to learn how to train for a distance event.
Distance Training Fall 2015 Program Details:
Start: Saturday, August 8, 2015
Meets: Twice weekly, Wednesday (Track Workout) and Saturday (Long Run)
Where: Various Locations on the east and northwest sides of town
Goal Race: Everyone Runs Veterans Day Half-Marathon, November 8, 2015
In addition to the above, you have the option to register for some additional training opportunities for and additional $25 each:
We feel so strongly that cross-training makes you a better runner that we have added an affordable cross-training option to our training group offerings. For only $25, you will receive a pass valid for 10 visits to Marcel’s Total Fitness gym (located next to our Tanque Verde location). This pass gives you full access to all gym equipment as well as the ability to participate in any fitness class offered, including spin, yoga, core fusion, fitness and boot camp. Individual personal training is not included. For those on the Northwest side of town, Marcel will be bringing his workouts to the Fleet Feet Oracle Crossing store. Weekly in-store training sessions (tentatively planned for Thursdays) will include dynamic stretching, resistant band strength training, dumbbell work, full core work out, functional strengthening and body weight training.
Intermediate 10K Workout:
For those of you in the Distance Group who are looking for an additional night of running with great people, this $25 option could be for you. The Fall 2015 intermediate 10K Running Group meets on Mondays at 6 p.m. at various locations on both sides of town and utilizes the run/walk method. Typically, the group is split up based on pace, so no one is pushed (or held back).
Print out the registration and personal inventory forms below and/or stop by Fleet Feet to pay your program fee to secure your spot. Please send questions to Jeanne at email@example.com or call 886-7800.