Fleet Feet Marathon Training Program
Fleet Feet Tucson is offering a Winter/Spring Marathon Training Program – powered by Brooks – to prepare runners for a marathon of your choice between late May and early June 2014. The first group run is 8 miles at 6 a.m. on Saturday, January 11. If you want to build (or maintain) your base prior to the start of this group, we strongly suggest you join our Distance Group, which begins December 14. Click on ‘Distance Training” for more information.
The Marathon Training Program includes:
- A detailed, daily training schedule developed by experienced, certified coaches.
- Coached group training twice per week (Monday 6 pm & Saturday 6 am, 5:30 am on longer runs). All routes and workouts planned for you
- Technical training shirt
- Support for long runs
- Educational seminars & clinics, such as Stretching, Hydration and Nutrition, pre-race preparation, and more!
- Chance to meet lots of great people and have lots of fun!!!
This is the right training program for you if you:
- Are running or run/walking at least three times a week with a long run of at least 8 miles
- Have been pain-free of any injury for four to six months.
- Enjoy meeting new people and learning new ways to get the most out of your running experience.
- Have never run a marathon before and would like some guidance on how to do it.
- Have run a half marathon before and would like to get faster.
- Need a goal and/or group of people to count on to get/keep you motivated.
Marathon Program Details:
Start: Saturday, January 11, 2014
Meet: Mondays @ 6:00 pm and Saturdays @ 6:00 a.m, 5:30 a.m. for longer runs
Where: Various locations around Tucson
Goal race: Rock n' Roll San Diego on June 8 or another race in late-May, early-June
Prerequisite: Run or Run/Walk 6-8 miles
Cost: $175 (includes technical shirt, guidance and training, clinics and seminars)
Space is limited so register today! Print out the registration and personal inventory forms below and/or stop by Fleet Feet to pay your program fee to secure your sport. Please send questions to Dan at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (520) 886-7800.
For registration: Registration Form