Fleet Feet Marathon Training Program
Fleet Feet Tucson is offering a Fall Marathon Training Program – powered by Brooks. The group begins October 3, 2015 and we're targeting marathons between early February and early March.
The Marathon Training Program includes:
- A detailed, daily training schedule developed by experienced, certified coaches.
- Coached group training twice per week (Monday 6 pm & Saturday 6 am, 5:30 am on longer runs). All routes and workouts planned for you
- Technical training shirt
- Support for long runs
- Educational seminars & clinics, such as Stretching, Hydration and Nutrition, pre-race preparation, and more!
- Chance to meet lots of great people and have lots of fun!!!
This is the right training program for you if you:
- Are running or run/walking at least three times a week with a long run of at least 8 miles
- Have been pain-free of any injury for four to six months.
- Enjoy meeting new people and learning new ways to get the most out of your running experience.
- Have never run a marathon before and would like some guidance on how to do it.
- Have run a half marathon before and would like to get faster.
- Need a goal and/or group of people to count on to get/keep you motivated.
Marathon Fall 2015 Program Details:
Start: October 3, 2015
Meet: Mondays @ 6:00 pm and Saturdays @ 6:00 a.m, 5:30 a.m. for longer runs
Where: Various locations around Tucson
Goal race: Your choice between late-February, early March
Prerequisite: Run or Run/Walk 6-8 miles
Cost: $175 (includes technical shirt, guidance and training, clinics and seminars)
In addition to the above, you have the opportunity to add cross training to your training program:
We feel so strongly that cross-training makes you a better runner that we have added an affordable cross-training option to our training group offerings. For only $25, you will receive a pass valid for 10 visits to Marcel’s Total Fitness gym (located next to our Tanque Verde location). This pass gives you full access to all gym equipment as well as the ability to participate in any fitness class offered, including spin, yoga, core fusion, fitness and boot camp. Individual personal training is not included. For those on the Northwest side of town, Marcel will be bringing his workouts to the Fleet Feet Oracle Crossing store. Weekly in-store training sessions (tentatively planned for Thursdays) will include dynamic stretching, resistant band strength training, dumbbell work, full core work out, functional strengthening and body weight training.
Space is limited so register today! Print out the registration and personal inventory forms below and/or stop by Fleet Feet to pay your program fee to secure your sport. Please send questions to Dan at email@example.com or call (520) 886-7800.